02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: Having a Life Offline and What's Coming Up for the Blog 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Having a Life Offline and What's Coming Up for the Blog

34
I don't often talk much about it...but I want to assure you that we do have an offline life! Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the whole thrifting / flipping / reselling / making a living world. I think that's true of any job, actually. With summer here and our boys getting bigger, we're trying to make more of a point of getting OUT and about, right here in our local area.
Living at the base of Mt Rainier, we do have quite a few areas to explore right on our doorstep. It doesn't require a whole day even. Just an afternoon or evening will do.

The other evening, a friend joined us for dinner and then we drove about 45 minutes up into one of the entrances to Mt Rainier National Park. Before we left, (in usual distracted Mom fashion) I was running around getting the boys properly outfitted and then was finally able to change my own clothes. I ran downstairs and hopped into the waiting car. About halfway along our trip I realized I forgot to change my shoes! Hubby said our trail was pretty easy (in other words, he wasn't turning around) and so I flip flopped my way up the mountain. I don't think I'll forget my footgear again.

We didn't get as far as we wanted to before running out of daylight (our 3yo is a trooper but kids do tend to slow you down a bit...here he is getting a ride toward the end of the hike) but we did make it to a lookout point. And got rewarded with this:
Love it!! Never get tired of seeing it.
One of the other 'offline' things we like to do (both Hubby and I) is photography. These pics were just shot with my (new..whoo hoo!!) iPhone 6 but they came out pretty well. Guess what else I forgot besides my shoes? Yup, my camera. I tell ya, if I had a brain, I'd be dangerous.

So on to the second half of the blog post. What's coming up on the blog. I usually have a few things buzzing around in my head for the blog that I don't end up getting to. But here are a few things you can expect to see:
Hope you all are enjoying your summer and are able to get 'offline' once in awhile! Fourth quarter will be here before you know it! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38