02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: What to Do, What to Do?? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What to Do, What to Do??

34


There's a thrift store near me that has this Sunbeam Coffeemaster set. At least I think it's still there. 
Anyway. It took me a few visits to confirm that it's complete..and how it fits together. It turns out that it is what's known as a 'vacuum brewer'. 
See what's got me drooling is that the whole set is there. Coffee maker, tray, sugar bowl, creamer.
It is gorgeous in its Art Deco-ness. 
Sigh.
The price has even been dropped once. I think the thrift store wants to move it. I went one time on my normal visit and it was gone off the shelf and I thought "phew...now I don't have to debate buying it anymore". Then as I was leaving I saw it at its newer price and stuffed into a bottom shelf. 
The only thing that held me back those times was money. This little thrift only takes cash or check and I didn't have enough of one and I never carry the other around. 
I went home and researched every time. 
I learned more about it.
I saw that complete sets were rare-ish...and that I could probably do better on the selling price than the few that I saw.
But even if not, I could divide it up and make good money on just the creamer and sugar!!
However, I love keeping sets together so I would only do that as a last resort. 

So why the hesitation? 
*Well..I think its my mood. I've had less time for the Online Reselling biz lately...and so I've been reevaluating inventory. I love finding unique, vintage items. But starting from scratch on each listing takes a lot of time. The busier I am in 'regular' life, the more productive and streamlined I have to be while I'm working. It becomes more of a *job* and less of a fun hobby that makes me money and I can take my time researching each item. 
So I'm thinking of narrowing my niches more. Smalls. Vintage sewing patterns, flatware, mens neckties, jewelry, coffee mugs...that kind of thing.
Enough variety I won't get bored. But easy enough to grab 5 'like' items and blast out some listings.
And easy shipping. Hubby is busy too and if we can blast out shipping in 20 minutes as opposed to an hour and a half...that's ideal.
*This Sunbeam set is bulky and I'll have to store it until I can find the right buyer.
*I have enough stuff to already list!!! I am backlogged for quite awhile!! Streamlining my inventory is all well and good but I have a bunch of bulky 'fun' stuff to get rid of first. Adding another space-taking one of a kind item in is not helping me!!
*Maybe I'm just burning out a bit.

Sigh. See my dilemma? All perfectly valid reasons....
but I WANT it!! lol. I want to be the one to sell it. What is wrong with me!? This picking, reselling life is burned into my soul by now I guess.

I guess I can hope the set is picked up by another discerning buyer before I go back next time. (cuz you know I will go back! lol)  If so, I will definitely have mixed feelings. 
What would you do?




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38