02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: Spoils of Thrift: Japanese (maybe) Stoneware Horse, um Goat..um..Centaur...um..Faun....Goat Boy!! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Spoils of Thrift: Japanese (maybe) Stoneware Horse, um Goat..um..Centaur...um..Faun....Goat Boy!!

34

 Stoneware Figurine on Etsy

Yeah, I don't know what it is either.
When Hubby first texted me a picture of it at the thrift store...I couldn't see the horns so I was thinking Centaur. But it was missing the human torso...then he brought it home and I saw the horns.
Faun and satyr are not quite right.
And of course, I can't find another one like it. Which is fascinating. ARE there any more out there? The closest I found was one on Etsy where the boy is on an animal body but instead of horns, he's wearing glasses!! Totally random.
I feel like if I just put in the correct search terms I would find another one like it on Google. But I'm at a loss.
Of course listing it was hard. This is my description.
"Unique. one of a kind stoneware figurine by an unknown maker. Due to its resemblance to similar type figurines, I'm inclined to think Japanese. Probably Fitz & Floyd. (There's a remnant of a rectangular sticker on the body)
Fitz and Floyd figurines of this type also have the holes for the eyes like this one does.

As to WHAT it is...that's up to your interpretation!
Centaur, faun, satyr....all not quite right.

The figurine measures about 6" tall, 5" long and about 2.5" wide."


What do you think? Have you seen another like it?

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38