02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: The Spoils of Thrift ~ A Few Firsts 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Spoils of Thrift ~ A Few Firsts

34

My first Blenko! It even has a sticker so I didn't have to be unsure. But it's not vintage. :( I bought it anyway, because I still think its cool. The sticker has a website on it. (hard to see, kinda faded)


Oh well, it looks like the current ones have an okay resale value if they are something unusual or if they are signed. I think I'll just keep it. It was just fun finding it!
The other day I found some Dansk Kobenstyle. Another first. Of course it had to be brown and the largest size Paella pan they make!

Dansk Kobenstyle IHQ Paella Pan

This baby is 13.5 inches across! She's already listed in The Retro Shop since brown is not my color. Unless it's liquid and in a coffee cup.
Then since it's been awhile since I've done a 'finds' post, I have a few that were from awhile back.


This brass trivet is from Virginia Metalcrafters for Williamsburg Restoration. It is the Queen Anne Cypher or Royal Monogram. Pretty funky, if you ask me. Copyright on the back is 1950.

Okay, I have a confession to make. I totally have an office supply fetish. I am one of the most disorganized people I know, yet I love to look at organizing supplies, desk supplies, anything like that. I usually don't buy...unless it's a planner or journal...have way too many of those I don't write in already...but they are pretty irresistible. So this fetish carries over to vintage, of course. LOVE vintage desk accessories, tools, supplies..all that stuff. I buy vintage pencils all the time. One of these days I will get around to listing them. I have a bit of a backlog of things like this:


Isn't it cool? You'd be surprised at how much pencil sharpeners can go for. Not this one, per se, but overall, there are quite a few collectors. This one was way awesome and I love the kind that suction down to your desk.
Speaking of backlog, when my Hubby spotted these at Goodwill the other day, he claimed them. Like I mentioned, he's been listing away on Ebay and has opened his own Etsy shop. (more about that another day). He says I have too many Couroc trays that I haven't listed (totally true) so he claimed them. They are pretty awesome and I think the Bartender one will fetch him (us, hee hee) a pretty penny.



I warned him that Couroc trays are HARD to photograph, which is why I haven't listed mine. I can't get the photos right. He'll see.
And no thrifting trip is complete without some flatware!


Some flatware from Pier 1 that someone had so thoughtfully separated out from the bins of mixed silverware. I guess they changed their mind when they realized it wasn't a full set.
And mixed in there are these bunny cheese spreaders.


Unmarked, but they were pewter and rabbits which generally means Arthur Court...and I was right.
Well, that's it for this round.
Hope your adventures in thrifting have been successful as well!!
linking up to A Living Space and Sir Thrift A Lot

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38