02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: Lost and Found at the Thrift 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Lost and Found at the Thrift

34

You are not going to believe what I *missed by this much* at the Goodwill yesterday. Hubby warned me..."don't go into the furniture...you'll be upset.." Then he made me follow him to go look.

Ok, I know I posted the picture at the top so there's not much guesswork needed on your part.
But yes. That's a retro diner-style table. With 3 chairs. In red. It even has a leaf.



Can you see the price??

Well, let me tell you...15.99!!!!!!

And a big 'ol SOLD sign on it.

Sigh.

Oh well, I moved on quickly. You can't win 'em all.

I did find this at that same thrift which was nice.


The bottom stamp is kind of faint, which may be why they priced it at $4.99. It says "Made in Calif. Poppytrail". Yes it's a Metlox Poppytrail rooster cookie jar.

Seems to be fairly rare. One listing I read said that this appeared about 10 years ago in a Cookie Jar price guide and was valued at over $500!! I know I won't get that. Not in today's market and not on Ebay.

Still a fun find! You win some, you lose some.

What's your 'one that got away' story??

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38