02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: Mid Century Mondays - Figgjo Flint 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mid Century Mondays - Figgjo Flint

34
Figgjo Flint Torskefiske Plate Norway Fisherman Fishing Mid Century

Welcome to a new feature here at The Recycleista-Adventures in Thrifting! I'm hoping to hit every Monday, so I'll do my best.
I love all things vintage, but lately I've been learning and focusing on things more mid-century especially things Danish Modern and Scandinavian.
I'm looking at them with new appreciation. My Mid Century Eye is being honed to spot these items while I'm thrifting. Things I may have overlooked before. And I need to learn. Much of my research lately has been about companies like Dansk, Orrefors, Figgjo Flint, Rorstrand...because these are the brands I've started finding.
So I figured you can learn along with me!

Figgjo Flint is a Norwegian company that started in 1941 and is still producing. I love their quirky, folk artsy themes from the 1950s and 1960s.

Figgjo Flint Scandinavian Norway 1970s Pottery Astrid 5 dinner plates

Check out these dinner plates in the Astrid pattern. I may just have to get those. They would match my new kitchen perfectly!!


Figgjo Flint Turi-Design Lotte Pattern Teacup

Lotte is another popular pattern. I think I saw an unmarked salt and pepper set in this pattern and didn't recognize it at the time. I may have to go back and see if they are still there. Several of the mid-century folksy pieces have people on them and stylized decorations. The company produced tableware, bowls, cups and dishes.

They also made wall plaques.



Figgjo Flint Torskefiske Norway Plaque Fishing Boat Scene

The above plaque is the same pattern as my plate I found. (see top). This plaque is being sold by A LA MODERN. If you want to learn more about mid century modern, check out their website and blog!! Fun stuff!! I always love to see what they've found!

So that's today's Mid Century Monday! Stay tuned next week when we'll take a look at...Swedish Art Glass...Orrefors!

Linking to Thrift Share Mondays

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38