02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: Division of Time 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Division of Time

34

One thing I've been battling with lately is balancing everything. Who isn't, right? Specifically, how to handle having 4 different online stores and keeping them stocked.
Add to it my short attention span...and I feel like a hummingbird, flitting from one flower to another. That word picture actually doesn't work, since hummingbirds have WAY more energy than I do. But the flitting idea is right...I do a little bit here and there in my shops, and then a few things sell, and I feel like I'm back to where I started.
So I have a new plan.
Stop the presses.
I have 4 stores. Three on Etsy and 1 on Ebay. I like it that way. I like having my different niches compartmentalized.
There are 4 weeks. See where this is going?
Actually, what I decided is that 1 week is not enough for Ebay. I make the most money there (at least in good months) so I think it will get 2 non-consecutive weeks.
So Pish Posh Notions (vintage buttons) and Grandma's Drawers (vintage jewelry) get to share a week and Vyeshi (vintage everything else) gets a week.
Within each store I will focus on different items. In Vyeshi, I sell vintage hardware, housewares, game pieces, ephemera, etc...So I could pick a few categories for the week and get stocked up. On Ebay, I sell clothing, mugs, housewares, silverware (don't get me started on my stash that needs de-stashing), shoes and whatever else I find.



This week I've been filling Grandma's Drawers. That doesn't sound good, but I hope you know what I mean.

Next week will be an Ebay week. I've got tons of clothing (some on consignment)that needs to be mannequin-ed, photo-ed and list-ed.

My only exception to my plan came from dear hubby. Sure, just when I have a PLAN, he has to come along and make it better. Great. His idea?: When we score an exceptionally good find...list it right away..wherever it goes.

Because the thrifting and treasure hunting goes on, unabated, of course. My schedule for that is: sure, let's go!

So when I found this Barbie Polaroid the other day...



I came home and listed it. And sold it a few hours later for $58.
Darn it, I hate it when hubby's right!

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38