02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: Another Follow Up to the Arbitrage Disaster 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Another Follow Up to the Arbitrage Disaster

34


Some of you may remember my first Arbitrage attempt, which didn't end well...you can read about it here.

Well, well...it's turned out a bit better than I expected. I had put the salt and pepper shakers aside to deal with later. In the meantime, I had come across various other sterling items I couldn't sell by themselves.
I had a broken bracelet marked 'Sterling' and a few pieces of flatware from my friend that were either damaged or unsellable.

I put them together in a lot and started the auction at $19.99. With 15 minutes to go...it had 1 bid and 10 watchers. I went to bed and figured I'd ship my sterling silver scrap lot in the morning after I collected my $20.

Well next morning, imagine my surprise when I saw that the auction had ended at $102.50!!!

I guess my Arbitrage disaster wasn't so disastrous after all!!

Read more here on how to sell sterling silver scrap on eBay.

Click here to learn more about Ebay Arbitrage

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38