02 03 The Recycle-ista...Adventures in Vintage: In Love with the King of Fire 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

In Love with the King of Fire

34

I thought I'd start with a recent find...and recent sale. I'm not sure how tacky it is to boast about prices..buying and selling...so I think I'll leave those details out. Suffice it to say, I found these great Fire King Restaurantware pieces at a Goodwill Outlet and recently sold them in my Etsy shop. Would've kept 'em..but we are living with my folks at the moment. (We've recently moved cross country AND are unemployed...so selling my finds is the practical thing to do right now) Space is also at a minimum.

These milk glass beauties have a nice brown scrolly trim. I love the fact that these are grill plates..nice little divided sections so your green bean juice doesn't drain into your potatoes.

Have you ever been to a Goodwill Outlet store? If you have one nearby, and can go, be ready. Dress in casual, comfortable clothes. Bring gloves if you're concerned about sanitary conditions. Items are in bins. (Clothing, bags, accessories) You get these huge rolling carts and you start digging. Throw whatever you want into the bin. When you check out they WEIGH your cart, subtract the weight of the cart and you pay per the pound for your items. Usually about $1.67/lb. I once bought a scarf and figured it was free, it was so light.
Our Goodwill Outlet has another room with non-clothing items. They are 50% off. Books I think have set prices for hardcover and softcover.
If you can make it, it's definitely worth it. Just bring your sneakers and leave the toddler at home!

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38